FrankedMail.co.uk is a free to use website and there is no obligation to register and/or enter any personal details to use it. It is intended for a UK business audience, but all information is offered free of charge for anyone to access.
However, we do actively and passively collect and process data, which we feel you should be aware of. All website pages and data are sent using secure SSL technology.
All our data processing activities are done on a legitimate interest basis for the following reason:
- We only use the data we process for its intended purpose and not for other marketing activities.
- We primarily process information about UK businesses not individuals.
- The only data we actively collect is required to help fulfil users’ requests (more below)
FrankedMail.co.uk processes several types of data for several different purposes, using several third-party partners and platforms.
Active Data Processing Activities
Our primary data processing activity is helping businesses compare franking machine prices via a free, no obligation quote service. It is intended to be used only by businesses that are already trading and/or about to imminently start trading and not by individuals.
Please also be aware, FrankedMail.co.uk does not provide quotes itself but has instead partnered with Inspire Digital to provide the quotes. They in turn work directly with the UK’s leading franking machine companies.
Therefore, we act as both a data controller (since we send them data) and data processor (since they inform use what data they need and then decide how to process it). All data we collect on their behalf is required to help filter suppliers that may be right for you. If you would prefer not share certain information, you are free to do so and can still find generic pricing information here.
Here is the data that is collected, and the reason for collecting it:
- Do You Currently Have A Franking Machine? – This is asked to help filter potential suppliers.
- How Much Do You Spend On Postage Per Month? – This is asked to help filter potential suppliers. Some suppliers only want larger businesses while others are happy to work with businesses of all sizes.
- How Many Letters/Parcels Do You Send Per Day? – This is asked to help filter potential suppliers. Some suppliers only want larger businesses while others are happy to work with businesses of all sizes.
- Are You Interested In A Rental Contract? This is asked to help filter potential suppliers. Many suppliers only offer rental contracts.
- Company Name – This is asked to make sure you currently work for a company that is actively trading.
- Company Postcode – This is required to filter suppliers. Not all suppliers are interested in businesses in all UK regions.
- Contact Name – This is the person that will be receiving the quote.
- Business E-mail Address – This is where quotes can be sent and is a way for suppliers to get in contact with you. We urge users to enter a business rather than personal e-mail address.
- Business Phone Number: This is required to verify your identity and for potential suppliers to get in contact with you. We urge users to enter a business rather than personal telephone number.
Once all the data is entered and you submit the form the following actions will occur:
- You will be redirected to our thank you page which will explain next steps and also offer some information about other ways your business can save money.
- The form data is then sent via a secure SSL webhook to Zapier.com, which helps us to process the data via what they call a Zap.
- Once the data is received by Zapier.com, the Zap sends all the data collected to either Inspire Digital via a secure SSL webhook. They will then use this data to contact you via e-mail and/or phone about your request and see if you’d like to proceed with getting quotes from leading UK Franking Machine companies. You are under no obligation to purchase anything and may inform them you would not like to proceed.
- At this stage the Zap is complete and Zapier will automatically delete all data within 90 days. This gives us time to help sort our any issues, but means data is not stored longer than necessary.
- Inspire Digital will retain information for as long as their internal policies warrant. If you have any concerns about the data they may hold, please get in contact with us and we will do our best to help.
Passive Data Processing Activities
We use the following third-party tools to help us run a useable website. They do not share any personal information about you with us, but they may still collect information about you and your computer that may be considered personal information.
Below we outline what we use each of them for and where you can find out more about how they may collect and use personal data:
Google Analytics: We use this to track how people use our website in aggregate. We do not use it collect track individual users. Here are the key settings we are currently using:
- Remarketing: OFF
- Advertising Reporting Features: OFF
- User and event data retention: Set to expire after 14 months (shortest option offered)
- Reset on new activity: ON
- User-ID: OFF
- Accepted GDPR Data Processing Amendment
Facebook Social Graph This is used to help make it easier to share content from our website and blog on Facebook. We do not use it for any remarketing or retargeting. See Facebook’s Data Page for more on how they use your data.
Pintrest: We use this to help make it easier to share our content on Pintrest. You can manage your data setting with them here.
External / Affiliate Links: We sometimes track external links either via Google Analytics and/or third-party affiliate tracking platforms. Any sort of tracking only occurs if you click on an external link. At the bottom of every page where this occurs we disclose which links are affiliate links, but if you’re concerned about this, the simplest option is to not click on external links from our website.